Hello hello!!! Yall I am so excited. I love when I find something so delicious and kid friendly and can’t wait to share it with you! Oh my goodness! So the other day I was craving some chicken nuggets…weird. So instead of hitting up chick-fil-a I decided to make some of my own and again oh my goodness, they were delicious. So this recipe is pretty simple and I promise you that your kiddos and your husband will devour them! Here’s what you need
- chicken breast cut into cubes, I used 2 chicken breast
- avocado oil, about 1/2 cup
- a bowl…..
- another bowl…..
- Japanese panko bread crumbs, these are from trader trader joes and they are the bomb, so crunchy and delicious 1/2 cup
- parmesan cheese 1/2 cup chopped super fine
- salute 21 seasoning, again another must have from trader joes
- a pan
So now, add the oil to a bowl and toss your cut up chicken breast in there. To your other bowl add the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Add some seasoning. Now put your chicken in the mixture and toss it till its fully coated. Lay your nuggets out on sprayed cookie sheet and bake on 350 for 25 minutes, check to make sure they are fully cooked through and then eat them all in one seating….because you will because they are delicious! Soooo there it is. The BEST chicken nuggets ever. Give them a try. 🙂
Hi yall. its been a while. I have missed you! Finally I got a second to pop on here and leave a little post for you! Life’s been super busy. I took a couple weeks off from cooking because we were traveling. We took a little family trip down to Texas…yes all 3 kids on a plane, whew. Thank God for my mom and all her help. She flew with us and helped us, so it was so perfect. Anyway, we went to Texas because I am originally from Houston. So we go there to see all of my family. Ok, are you confused? I just said my mom flew with us….well that’s because after Ryan decided he couldn’t live without me and asked me to marry him…..lol my parents and little sister followed me here to Nebraska! How about that?? Literally the greatest gift. I don’t know what I would do without my family being right here. Life is so crazy and having them around is truly a gift. So back to Texas all my family lives out in the country and its sooooo fun to go out to the middle of nowhere and hang out and light off fireworks….oh that’s because we went for the 4th of July. After staying in the country for a couple days we headed out to the bay so Ryan and my cousins husband could go fishing and we could play in the beach. Guys caught a ton of fish which we freeze and bring home. Its trout and there is nothing better then wild caught fish by the hubs! I just love that we know what we are getting! Its so good. SO! Now we have a freezer full of fish. Yum. It’ll last a half a year and we will be back next year for more!!! Alright, moving along here. Next,Ryan and I decided we needed a little mommy and daddy get away and what better place to go then Las Vegas baby! Who doesn’t love Vegas? Alright, I’m not gonna lie it used to not be my favorite place and now I actually really like it. I love to sit by the pool, go shopping and love love all the good food out there. Mastros is by far my favorite place to eat. We stayed at Aria this time and it was seriously amazing. Its beautiful inside and the casino is really clean…gotta throw down a little bit of craps while in Vegas and I will say that I won money….and Ry guy lost!!! So since we are on the vacay subject I wanted to let you know that anytime we want to go anywhere we have one of my friends Sarah Kanter plan every single thing for us. From shows to dinner reservations to hotel rooms and cars. It cost nothing extra and its a DREAM! Nothing like going on vacay and not having to do any work. Just go and enjoy your time away! So next time your looking for a get away with you and your spouse, friends or family check out Sarah Kanter. She’s so incredibly helpful and knowledgeable! So that’s all my travel deets and what’s been going on here in our household. Hope everyone has had a wonderful summer. See ya soon! Muah!
Hello Hello. Oh I am so excited to be sharing my life and food with yall. This is seriously so fun. I have wanted to do this for 5 years and just have been so nervous to put myself out there and do this! So to finally be taking this next step is truly a gift from God. All of you have been so amazing and so supportive of my dream so thank you so much! Muah!
So lets get this party started! This is a VEGGIE talk. So get ready. So as you some of you know I have 3 amazing little sweet kiddos. These little turkeys eat pretty good but need some convincing from time to time before trying new foods. Anyone else have one of these little people in their life???!!! 🙂 So I’m going to share a few little tips/recipes on how to encourage your littles to eat all those yummy foods!
One of my very favorite things to do is make a sheet pan full of colorful vegetables. It looks so pretty!!!! I like to use frozen butternut squash. I love to keep frozen on hand because I don’t ever seem to use the fresh stuff fast enough! So the freezer it is. Costco has huge bags of frozen butternut squash for like $9. So pick it up! Next some carrot sticks…if your feeling groovy cut your own or pick up a bag of carrot sticks from your local grocery store. Easy. Frozen broccoli or fresh, your choice, another thing I toss on their frozen. Seriously they all cook up the same. Cut up celery, zucchini, cauliflower, some red onion for flavor…..ok you get my point here? Make a rainbow of colorful vegetables on a sheet pan, let your kids help, use whatever you want! I put all the veggies on a sprayed sheet pan and top with olive oil, garlic salt and trader joes 21 seasoning salute. Seriously this stuff is the bomb. We are obsessed with it. So good on potatoes for the grill, eggs. Skies the limit. Ok I get off subject…I’m a little hyper. So put this big tray in the oven on 350-375 for 25 minutes. By the way, do yourself a huge favor, hit target and buy one of these giant sheet pans. I swear it makes cooking more fun!!! After they are finished let your kids pick at least 3 veggies to try on their plates and I bet you they will come back for more. My kiddos love all the bright colors of the foods and being able to choose which ones to eat. So give this a try.
Now for the parents. Making a bunch of vegetables isn’t just fun for the kids but helpful for you for meals through the week. This big pan of veggies keeps us grabbing something easy and healthy for lunch out of the fridge! Make an arugula, quinoa salad bowl and top with left over veggies, some balsamic and pumpkin seeds. This you can pack in a lunch. Top with some protein if you want, maybe some ground turkey. I swear when I have vegetables ready to go it just makes life easier to eat those veggies!!
So there is my wild child on getting those veggies in with not only your sweet little babes but you too!! Do this on a Sunday evening or Monday, keeps ya going through the week. Speaking of Monday cooking I’m putting together my sweet potato black bean enchiladas tomorrow for my clients…..omg…seriously you could eat these for breakfast. Ill save that recipes for another time. 🙂 Happy Sunday everyone!
Grocery run- A little bit of it all
Today is raining and obviously not a pool day. Kids are playing and Kroy is napping and I am still sipping on my coffee from this morning….reheated umm about 4 times. Anyone else do this?? I think its on its last leg! Anyway, I decided I would share a little bit about my fridge, pantry, freezer and what I like to keep it stocked with. I for the majority shop at https://www.traderjoes.com/ I like that most of the produce is organic and they have so many staples I love to keep on hand! I’m queen of the well overstocked freezer. My friends always tell me if the stores run out of food they are coming to my house. BUT there is something to be said about a well stocked fridge, pantry and feezer. We hardly ever eat out. We don’t have to, I usually have something on hand I can toss together or bake super fast when we are in a pinch. Staying out of fast food places is just one of my main priorities. I know it happens but I like to avoid it if I can. You just never know what your actually getting those super cute “kids meals”. ALSO, if you truly think about it, it takes the same amount of time to cook something up quick or to drive to a fast food place and bring it home to eat. So chew on that 🙂 So are you ready? Lets see what I can get to before my little man decides nap time is over.
Trader Joes Must Haves
- roasted red peppers. use these in wraps, pasta, eggs, paninis, tacos, burgers, pizza, chicken salad. The list is endless. I keep about 6 jars of these on hand!
- gorgonzola gnocchi. this is frozen. Super nice to have on hand. Cooks up nice on its own or add broccoli, chicken, peas, carrots, and voila you have a great meal and super quick.
- I always keep lots of bags of frozen veggies. Honestly whatever they have. Broccoli, edamame (a nice source of protein, my kids love it and its a nice on the go snack or to the pool), corn, roasted corn, spinach, green beans(I like to roast them on a baking sheet) peas, whatever is new I usually try it all. I buy about 5 bags of each and toss then in the freezer so I can use in a pinch. I love to throw a frozen bag of broccoli over chicken breast and bake. Its so simple and so good. Ill share a more in depth recipe soon on that one. But keeping veggies on hand is great.
- Frozen zucchini noodles and carrot spirals. I have to say I prefer the carrots they just hold up a lot better and don’t get mushy. These are also great to roast.
- Vegetable fried rice. Top with liquid amino acids, garlic salt and trader joes sweet chili sauce.
- Sweet chili sauce. Love this for my lettuce wraps.
- Frozen brown rice, jasmine rice, quinoa. THESE are a must for me. Sure I can take out a pot and make any of the following but when I need lunch FAST I can toss one of these bags in the microwave, throw some sweet potatoes, edamame and some pumpkin seeds and voila I have lunch in no time.
- Japanese bread crumbs.
- Nutritional yeast. This is a marvelous cheese substitute.
- Mediterranean hummus. I love to use this as dip, on pizza as the cheese source, add to quinoa and make a dairy free like cream mixture….umm…yummmm….this stuff is addicting.
- Olive tapenade. Love this in wraps or in pasta
- artichoke antipasto
- marinated artichokes. Chopped up in wraps, great in pasta, pizza etc
- Bags of pasta, PASTA, PASTA. Love keeping a ton of pasta on hand, its like .99 cents so I just load up. Also love all their pasta sauces
- Enchilada sauce. This stuff is the bomb, the best. I keep this ALL the time. I love to make this yummy enchilada pasta yumm.
- Chopped green chilies
- taco seasoning. This stuff goes far, you don’t need whole lot
- Ready made lentils. Great for salads or heat up and eat!
- Ready made beets. I love to cut these up and roast them, delicious
- Premade guacamole ( I love to make my own but these are nice for on the go.
- Hummus packs on the go
- Ready made salsa. Again I like to make my own but this is nice to have.
- Ready made chicken breast, they are packaged individually and are great for those work lunches
- Cheddar rockets (for the kids)
- Crisp bread crackers. These are gluten free. I like to top them with hummus zucchini and turkey for lunch or eggs for breakfast
- organic silver dollar pancakes
- shredded hashbrowns. I use these for breakfast lunch and dinner. I actually like to cook them in the oven and top with veggies.
- White cheddar corn puffs. You can also make these a dessert but dipping them in vanilla almond bark
- Almond butter. Great for smoothies for added protein
- Acai packets. Yes please, these are a must. Love a good acai bowl
- Cheese sandwich crackers
- The girls want to recommend the little tiny chocolate chip cookies that come in a bucket and you cannot resist them so be careful when you buy them, you will eat them all. 🙂
- I love their new Zealand cheeses. Its from grassfed cows and I am all about that.
- Peppered parmesan…..oh yah enough said.
- Wild Alaskan salmon. They recently started carrying fresh salmon and this one has become a favorite
- Frozen red shrimp. These are so good. I cook them up in a skillet with olive oil, butter and lemon pepper. This is something that can be cooked up in 10 minutes. Shrimp are sooo fast to cook! I also like to get the frozen wild shrimp at hyvee as well.
So that about does it for now. I will continue to make post of future shopping trips so you know what’s new and delicious. Love sharing all these fun things with you all. I will be back with more soon and will share some recipes that go with many of the things I told you about. I also do shopping at Costco, Sam’s, Hyvee and Target. So if TJs isn’t your place I have more to come from other places! Stay tuned. Happy shopping everyone.
Happy Friday everyone. Gosh! even though Monday was a holiday the week still felt super long. I ended up cooking on Wednesday for my clients instead of my usual Mondays. I made the endless kale salad people keep begging for and lettuce wraps that are sooooo delicious! Just the right amount of spice and crunch! Anyway, today we are cleaning out a few closets….the worst right? BUT it feels so good to declutter our house. We are hopefully going to get all this done and head out for some pool time with the kids. Sooooooo while we are decluttering we obviously need lunch and instead of going through runza I decided to toss a bunch of stuff that was left over from the week in a bowl and get after it! It was super good and I decided to give it a name it deserves! Kitchen Sink Bowl. Give this one a try!
- Grilled chicken breast
- Grilled zucchini
- Edamame 1/4
- Qunioa 1/4 cup
- White rice 1/3 cup
- Random broccoli pieces…seriously like 5 pieces LOL
- Tablespoon of olive tapenade (soo good, I always have this on hand from https://www.traderjoes.com/
- Feta cheese
- Balsamic glaze (another staple from trader joes)
- Little splash of olive oil
So on the Trader joes end of things I will be doing a full blog post on what I like to have from there and keep on hand! Its my favorite place and I get so many of my pantry staples there! So keep watching.
Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend and throws together a Kitchen Sink Bowl!