Its that time again. Summer is here….well kinda. Our weather here in Nebraska has been totally ridiculous and is making me miss the salty heat back home in Texas. It has been COLD! BUT I am here so ill wait for the heat to come! And when the heat does come around be sure to take this layered dip with you to your next gathering. Its a crowd pleaser for sure and pulls out all the stops. It will have people asking for more. I made this one day before I headed out to a friends lake house for the day and it was perfection! This dip was inspired by my truly very picky husband. He does not like sour cream so I had to change things up a bit from your norm layered dip. Here’s how I layered this beast up.
- refried black beans
- salsa ( I just uses trader joes salsa, its perfect for this)
- ground beef (I always use certified piedmontese beef here locally)
- roasted red pepper hummus
- shredded Mexican cheese
- arugula (I know this sounds odd because typically you use regular lettuce on a layered dip, but trust me on this one that peppery taste from the arugula with each bite just hits all the right spots.
- parmesan cheese
- roasted salted pumpkin seeds
And done. This is simple to put together, healthy and ooohhhhhh so fabulous! Seriously, as I am sitting here sharing this recipe my mouth is watering on my laptop screen and its 11pm and I want to go make this right now….normal right???!!!